Posted on November 1, 2022
Your primary responsibility will be to provide advanced primary and/or specialty nursing care to patients in our facility. Duties will include but are not limited to, performing physical exams, recording patient medical histories, creating patient care plans, and administering diagnostic tests. You will also be administering medicines and treatments, as well as observing the patient’s response to such treatments.
Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Help provide primary care to patients.
- Perform physical exams and patient observations.
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms.
- Create patient care plans and contribute to existing plans.
- Order, administer and analyze diagnostic tests.
- Monitor and operate medical equipment.
- Diagnose health issues.
- Detect changes in a patient’s health and change treatment plans as necessary.
- Administer medicines and treatments.
- Evaluate responses to treatments and medications.
- Consult with healthcare professionals.
- Train patients and families on managing illnesses or injuries and disease prevention.
- Charts updated and signed off on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
- Masters degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Must have and maintain current RN licensure in the state where employed or a compact party state and be board certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- Must have and maintain prescriptive authorization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community.
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Must pass a background check.